CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Letter #21- So Good!

Boa Tarde Família! Amigos! Woot woot!

Missão é bom! Bom de mais! Sou MUITO grata por esse oportunidade servir... aqui em MORUMBI! Yep! I stayed with Sister Reis! We are working with a family, planning their wedding date, and after, their baptsim! this family is incredible! Its so fantastic to see the change of heart and the ultimate change in the people as they accept the gospel in their lives. EVERYTHING changes for the better... its so wonderful! such a miracle to see this transformation!

Friday was the ´Fariado de Finados´... their memorial day... and our Bishop held an activity with us, some other elders in the other area, and some members to go to the cemetery and pass out the pamphlet ´the plan of salvation´.... This experience I will never ever forget... there are two huge cemeteries right next to each other on the border of my area. The street was PACKED with people... we started passing out and telling people about the plan that Heavenly Father has for each one of us... it was fantastic! Fantastic to share the hope that the gospel brings, the sense of peace that the plan of happiness brings to people... but as our pamphlets ran out, we walked through the cemetery... still... SO MANY people! So many people suffering... this is when I became sad... so SAD for the people who don´t have the gospel in their lives, who dont KNOW where their loved ones who have passed on are... I felt this urge to talk to EVERYONE! I wanted to talk and teach EVERYONE that was there... it was a feeling so overwhelming. I will never forget that moment, just looking at all the people in the cemetery, and wanting nothing more than to share the truth with them. I know that Heavenly Father loves us, I know that he has given us a plan that brings Happiness in THIS life, and the life after! Families are FOREVER if we do our part and follow the Savior´s example. I am so grateful for the restored gospel in my life. I am grateful for the family that I have! We are sealed for eternity! We will be together forever! We have a Savior that paid the price and made it possible for this endless happiness! I am so grateful for family and everything that Heavenly Father has given me.

With this experience and that feeling I felt, now I look at the people in the streets of my area and imagine them if they were at the cemetery that day... Each one of us passes through times of hardship and difficulty, but we dont have to suffer... Remember the blessings in your life! Remeber the family that you have! Remember how LOVED you are... I love you!

Brazil is fantastic! the weather reminds me of Utah... one day HOT HOT HOT, the next... harldy any sun and pretty breezy... oh man. Hope halloween was a blast! We sure had fun! I love you all so much and am so grateful for you in my life!

Com muito MUITO Amor,

Sister Waite

p.s. wohoo!!!! Recieved Mail because of Transfers!


-GRANDMA! Loved your letter! I am so glad that Aunt Betty had a great time visiting! I love you so much Grandma and Grandpa! I hope and pray you two are doing fantastic!
-Oh Yeah! Sister Asay is doing fantastic! Loved the Halloween card Sister Asay! You are a doll!
-Sister Hirst... oh my goodness. I LOVE hearing from you! It is so fun to hear about your family and the ward, thank you thank you thank you SO MUCH!!!!!! You are wonderful!
-Austin! Yay! Got your letter! Thank you so much! Its fantastic!
-CONGRATULATIONS ELISE AND GABE LEE!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! I jumped up and down when I recieved your invitation.... oh man... SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!! Yay!!!! I´m sure it was a fantastic day for you two, thank you for the invitation! Wish I could have gone to the reception. I am so happy for you two!


No comments:

Post a Comment