CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

ESTOU AQUI!!!!!!!!!! :D- Letter #9


Oi Familia e Amigos!!!! Tudo Bom?!?!

Woot woot! I am OUT of the CTM! Where did those 9 weeks go? I am so grateful for the experiences I had at the CTM. I´ll miss my companions, but they´re off to João Posoa and Salvador! And I am here... in Morumbi!!!! (google map it... its fantastic!)

My new companions: Sister Faulstino and Sister Reis! I am so grateful to have both of them! :D Sister Faulstino is from Salt Lake, but is Brazilian! She is fluent in both Portuguese and Enlish... which is a big help! My trainer, Sis Reis is from the state of São Paulo about 7 hours drive away, is so kind and understanding. They both are down to earth really great missionaries! I´M A MISSIONARY! :D Its fantastic! being swallowed in Portuguese and picking up only the gist of the conversation.

Back up, I´ll start from the beginning... bus took us to the mission office, about 40 minutes drive, at 6:30 in the morning. When I arrived at the mission office the Elder there helping us passed out the mail that had collected for us while we waited for the President to arrive. After he passed out a few of the other missionaries mail, he goes back to the office and calls something out in portuguese but I here the words:... Sister Cartas está aqui! ? what? What does that mean... he comes out with my CHRISTMAS for the summer! Lots of mail! And a package!!!!! WOW! Sister Cartas for the morning.... cartas means letters, as in the mail letters. SO FUNNY! 

THEN!!!! the exciting moment, I met my Mission President! :D President Ferrin is SO nice! I love him! He interviewed all of us, met Sister Ferrin and then went to his house for some training. Wow, amazing apartment! Sister Ferrin is learning Portuguese and gave me a big hug saying what a relief that I could talk to her that day... cause I was with two brazilian sisters and she felt bad she couldn;t communicate with them. I love it! Wow!

It took a monteral for about 20 minutes, an hour bus ride, and poof! I´m here in Morumbi!  Companions are VERY helpful! I´ve been pretty quiet this week, but when we are by ourselves I´m asking questions and what words are, but I´m understanding the gist of the conversations that we have had... mostly I had a deer in the headlight look for most of the days...:D love it!

I HAD MY FIRST LESSON! The next day, we met with Alessandra. First, before I explain how the lesson went, I want to explain my first reactions for the city of Morumbi.... Humbling. Wow... So many people, of ALL different economical differences... the living situation in general... the best word to describe is humbling. I´ve never seen a place like this before, I love it so much! Nervous at first looking at the living conditions, but now... its amazing! Anyway, Alessandra is fantastic... Even though I didn´t really understand half of what my companions were saying, I could feel the spirit! They were teaching about faith, and then Sister Faulstino turns to me and asks if I knew how to teach the Law of Chastity... woah! Uh... yeah?! I told her no because I didn´t know Alessandra´s situation and what not... but after she taught about it, I testitified! Oh yea... and I prayed. I´ve prayed at all of our appointments so far and at church. I´m grateful for Prayer. Even in my personal prayers, the broken portuguese makes sense to Heavenly Father! 

I´m so grateful for that! I love this gospel, I love the work. The days are a LOT of walking, and clapping in front of the houses!!! AWESOME!!!!! It´s been a favorite part of the process... something I can do. Clap to see if the investigator is home. :D 

Happy Birthday this week Grandma!!!! :D Have fun starting up school Mom! I love you so much and am so grateful for you! You are the best!!!!! EVER!!!!!! 

Com Cainho,

Sister Waite! :D

p.s. THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! My Christmas at the Mission office was fantastic!


-Sister Lambourne- thank you for the note!


-Natalie and Rhet Hall! THANK YOU! I loved your letter!


-Tyler Nicosia- in process of responding!


-Jessica Roylance- Pedigree


-Rebecca Waite! :D -it did find me! You´re so cute, thank you! loved the story!


-Chad Healey! loved the letter! thank you for the encouragement, and yes! I will write some experiences for ya!


-Sister Hirst!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! I finally got all of your letters, you are fabulous!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!! I love them!

-MOM!!!!!! the package was fantastic! I LOVE the ensign! Thank you SO MUCH for the hand sanitizer/lotion... i will definitely use it! :D You are the best mom! ;D Thank you for the letter! and quotes! Just what I needed! I love you

P.S. Pretty sure I get the mail ever 6 weeks, transfers, unless some one goes to the office and brings it back. It´s because Im so far away... thats alright though! I love you and am praying for you! I love you!

Pictures: Me in front of my new home for the next 6+ weeks! :D Yay! and with President Ferrin and Sister Ferrin when I arrived! Hope all is well! I love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment